Continuing the walk from the former Esplanade Hotel you are now at the 3/4 mile mark, at the junction with Dane Road, on the eastern corner the tall building (the Viking) stands on the site of Telsemaure the former home of the Crook family who arrived in Seaford in 1858. Thomas Crook was a London building contactor and had come originally to Seaford as part of the Honourable Artillery Company, a forerunner of the Territorial Army. The Crooks must have liked Seaford as two years later Thomas bought the land (extending as far back as the modern supermarket in Dane Road, and built a imposing house facing on to the seafront. The house was named using the initials of family members. It had 8 bedrooms, 4 reception rooms and two kitchens, needed to cope with his family of nine children. After building the house, which also featured stables (with staff accommodation over) two ponds, greenhouses and tennis courts as well as a museum, Crook set about building part of Seaford that exists to this day. He built the town's first gas works, building houses, and began the Sutton Park Estate.
On the opposite corner of Dane Road stood the former Eversley Hotel.