Not quite a blue plaque, but of interest none the less
In 1545 a small French fleet attempting to land in Seaford Bay was repulsed by the men of the town and local landowners under the leadership of Sir Nicholas Pelham whose family has had an influence over much of Seaford's history and whose coat of arms, a 'buckle', gives its name to this area where this 16th-century action took place. More information about the attack can be found in Kevin Gordon's account published in Quirky Sussex History.
The large building, resembling a Martello Tower, was built in 1962-3 as a new public house replacing an older pub that occupied the site:
The old Buckle Inn with temporary track laid for seafront repairs.
The modernised Buckle Inn in 1963
The new Buckle Inn was built with the bar on the first floor so that customers had the benefit of the sea view, and, unusually for the 1960's, it had a children's room downstairs. The brewery had planned to call the new pub, "The Goldfish" in honour of the members of the Goldfish Club, RAF pilots who had survived ditching in the sea during the second world war, and who wanted to use the new pub as their headquarters.The building, altered somewhat, is now a private residence, having been sold by the brewery in 1992, when the pub was described as the "loneliest pub on the south coast". For more information about the Buckle please see the Seaford Times website.