In September 1966 East Sussex County Council purchased some 2.4 hectares of land in Lexden Road Seaford as a site for a new primary school designed to eventually accomodate 560 pupils. The school opened at the beginning of the Autumn term 1968 to become Seaford's third state primary, with Keith Coals as Head and 200 enrolled pupils. Since the opening of Chyngton Primary School in 1958, Seaford had continued to expand, and many of the old "private" schools closing and their lands been developed for housing. Both Seaford Primary, then in Church Street, Chyngton and the Annecy Convent were over subscribed. As with Chyngton the popularity of the new school quickly resulted in the need for more classrooms and by April 1969 two additional mobile classrooms were added and a second phase of new buildings was opened in January 1973.